Scaling a Start-Up Checklist
Identify goals and objectives
• Sell? If so, for how much? Back everything you do into this number.
• National Expansion? Global expansion?
Create your business model
• What type of hierarchy and employee structure will you use?
• Choose a customer relationship manager (CRM)
• Create a standard operating procedure (SOP)
• Meet with SBDC or an elite strategist/business consultant to help build this out with you
Look at your Margins
• What does it cost to produce what you’re selling?
• How many team members do you need to produce?
• What’s the total overhead?
• Hire an accountant to clarify your actual margins per project month over month project by project
• Look at pricing
How will you grow?
• Digital advertising
• Public relations
• Influencer marketing
• Business development
• Meet with The Edge Agency to give direction on best ROI areas
Develop a marketing/expansion strategy
• Strong brand
• Strong messaging
• Strong website
• Brand awareness campaign (time it can take to see results)
• Digital ads (lead generation/brand awareness)
• Once you have a baseline in sales coming in, add layers
Money, Money, Money – Budget
• How much are you prepared to invest?
• Where will the money come from? Cash, selling assets, loans, etc.?
• Line of credit
• Build reserves
• Once you become profitable, it’s time to scale
• Add more layers as you grow, and as budget allows
• Reinvest into your business
• Share the vision. PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH, we know…it’s hard.
Next right thing: Call The Edge Agency for a discovery call to see where you’re at in the process and how we can get you one step closer to reaching your goals.